After weeks of waiting, Firefox 3.6 has finally reached the Beta milestone. The latest version of the browser has many newer features and performance improvements compared to Firefox 3.5 which was also recently updated to 3.5.4.
Lets just hope that Firefox 3.6 has better handling of those persistent memory leaks which have plagued Firefox 3.5. Some newer features include:
- Support for Windows 7 Aero Peak.
- Users can now change their browserâ€™s appearance with a single click, with built in support for Personas.
- Firefox 3.6 will alert users about out of date plugins to keep them safe.
- Open, native video can now be displayed full screen, and supports poster frames.
- Support for the WOFF font format.
- Support for new CSS, DOM and HTML5 web technologies.
You can download the latest beta version from the following link.